Looking for Contactors Insurance in Clearwater?
Strategic Insurance Services is your local Contractors Insurance expert! We insure many different types of contractors from Landscapers, Electricians, Carpenters, and many more!
Who Needs Contractor's Insurance?
There are many types of independent contractors who all need independent contractors liability insurance and other coverage to match their specific risks.
Some of the professionals that need contractors insurance include:
- Independent construction contractors
- Plumbers, carpenters, electricians and painters
- Repair people
- House and carpet cleaners
- Freelance writers, editors and graphic designers
- Independent hair stylists, and salon professionals
- Horse or dog trainers
Don't Underestimate Your Risk
Getting the right independent contractors liability insurance in place can protect you from lawsuits, mishaps and third party property damage that can devastate your business.
Normally, you will need a few different categories of coverage for complete liability protection:
- General Liability: The foundation of all contractor insurance coverage is a general liability policy. This coverage will provide two types of protection:
- Bodily injury: Provides coverage if you or someone you employ causes injury or death to a third party during the course of work. It provides for medical care for the injured person and covers your legal defense if you are sued for damages.
- Property damage: Provides coverage if you or one of your employees causes damage to property belonging to others. This includes the building or property you are working on or any third-party property.
- Completed operations/product: Provides coverage in case a project you finished has an issue or causes damage. It can also extend to any products you sell or distribute.
- Advertising personal injury: Covers the risk of damaging another's reputation or causing a loss through slander, libel or false advertising claims.
- Contract liability: This covers you in a contract dispute. It is not always included in general liability coverage so verify that you carry this coverage with your insurer.